Shirl the Pearl Harvest, a seasonal edition Cumquat Gin with fresh uplifting notes, zesty characteristics, and a long finish. Expect refreshing waves of orange blossom.
Eddie’s grandmother Shirley aka ‘Shirl the Pearl’ was a pocket rocket. Adventurer, skier, and one of Australia’s first female pilots, Shirl also made a mean bootleg Cumquat Gin. Inspired by Shirl, we steep locally grown Cumquats in our Brookie’s Dry Gin for several months and balance the spirit to create springtime in a glass! This is her recipe and an ode to Shirl the Pearl.
Some fun facts about Shirl the Pearl:
• Made from Cumquats, this grape-sized fruit fills your mouth with a big burst of citrus flavor
• Unlike other citrus fruits, the skin of the Cumquats is paper-thin and edible
• Cumquats are steeped in Brookie’s Byron Dry Gin and macerated for several months
• Blended with Mount Warning Spring Water and bottled at 37.7% ABV
• Expect refreshing waves of orange blossom with fresh & zesty characteristics
• SIP Awards 2020 – SILVER