THE FIRST LAPHROAIG EXPRESSION FINISHED IN PEDRO XIMINEZ (PX) SHERRY CASKS, THIS ISLAY SINGLE MALT IS FULL-BODIED AND PROFOUND.
It’s triple-matured, spending time in ex-Bourbon barrels after distillation to add notes of toasty vanilla. Next, it’s placed in small quarter casks which lend a velvety smooth texture to the liquid.
Finally, the mature spirit is finished in ex-PX sherry butts where it takes on flavors of sultanas, raisins and sweet licorice. This complements the signature Laphroaig taste — smoky peat reek with a medicinal edge. This is the first Laphroaig single malt to be finished in PX casks, and has impressed numerous critics.
It’s taken home the coveted Double Gold at the 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Awards. Drink neat, or add a splash of water to bring out flavors of marzipan and ripe fruit.
- The first Laphroaig aged in Pedro Ximinez (PX) sherry butts
- Rich taste with notes of dried fruits, sweet licorice and spicy ginger
- Made in Islay, this single malt Scotch whisky has a smoky peat flavor
- Triple matured with time in ex-Bourbon barrels and small Quarter casks
- 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Awards Double Gold